Monday, April 06, 2009

still i am free...

I can't talk to people, I just don't have that kind of personality.
I can't pass this exam, I just don't have the brain for calculus.
I can't help the fact that I was born a man or a woman. Certain things come naturally for certain types of people. (Says the man who can't take care of his children or the woman who can't fix her car.)
I'm no good at this; I guess I just wasn't made to go to college.
Gee, I'm sorry about last night. I guess my hormones just got out of control.
I'm sorry I bit your head off yesterday. I must be premenstrual.
I don't know what happened. I guess the beer made me crazy.

In all above statements, I am identifying myself with one of the pictures of me I find embedded on my memory....I am my body or my brain or my personality or my hormones....In each of these cases, I am deceiving myself.

I am more than just these, and no matter how I try to avoid it, I am free.

No comments: